51 Days Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
The Teacher Training invites you to join their 500-hour yoga teacher training in Thailand. The special highly intensive yoga teacher training program is dedicated to many students who desire to step into the path of yoga and meditation but are still caught up in the midst of the modern lifestyle that allows only so much time one can take off from the fast-moving life.
The teachers have been brought up and spent their lives in traditional ashrams and gurukulams with yoga and meditation as their sole purpose in life. In this special occasion, they are traveling to Thailand with the pure intention of transmitting authentic knowledge of yoga and meditation from the ancient Vedic scriptures. The mission is to spread peace, health, and joy, which can be achieved through yoga. All walks of life are welcome to learn how yoga leads an individual to a healthy body and lifestyle!
Upon completion of this yoga teacher training, students will receive a certificate affiliated with Yoga Alliance. Registration with Yoga Alliance provides a globally recognized credential.
This teacher training is a multi-style course for beginners with basic knowledge of yoga. After the completion of the course, the students will be given a yoga alliance certification for the 500-hour yoga training course. This 500-hour yoga teacher training will be held by experienced reputed meditation guides and the team of accomplished yoga teachers.
The teachers and guides feel privileged to share his/her knowledge and practice of ancient traditions with modern elements of medical sciences (yoga anatomy and physiology).
This training course aims to provide a solid foundation in different aspects of yogic disciplines that prepare them to adopt yoga as their life profession. In addition, this 500-hour yoga training course includes mantra recitation (mantra - Japa), daily joints and glands practices (granthi - vimochana - kriya), yoga postures (yoga asanas), meditative steps of doing asanas, six cleansing exercises (shat karma), science of breath (pranayama), yoga energy locks (Bandha) and yoga gestures (Mudra), meditation (Dhyana), yogic sleep (yoga Nidra), history and philosophy of yoga (yoga Darshana), yogic anatomy and physiology of human body, basic principles of Ayurveda, asana alignment practicum classes, yoga teaching practice, and teaching methodology. Yoga psychology enhance the students' learning at various levels; mentally and emotionally by which they learn to adopt the yogic disciplines in daily life. This intensive course helps the students to establish a harmonious lifestyle.
What’s Make this retreat Special?
The following meals are included:
The following drinks are included:
- Detox juices
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Environmentally friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Yoga shala
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
You will be accommodated for 46 nights at Guesthouse & Resort. The accommodation for the training is a traditional Thai-style 2-story wooden house. The 2nd floor has a view of the farmland, forest, and mountains and 3 dorm rooms (3-4 people per room). There is one bathroom in each room, a small kitchen and common space on the first floor. The house is situated in a private family farm owned by a local Thai lady, who is the owner of Guesthouse & Resort. The farm is a few minutes walk from the guesthouse and all guesthouse facilities are also available to our students (i.e. dining area, common resting area, cleaning service, etc.). However, students can also opt for a private room at extra charges. Private rooms will be within the guest-house area instead of on the farmland, but it is only a few minutes walking distances between the locations.
- Intro to Mantra science
- Basic mantras: aum, gayatri, trayambakam, guru, shanti etc.
- Morning prayers and Evening prayers
- Meal prayers
- Study prayers
- Health prayers
- Surya-namaskara 12 mantras along with bija mantras
- 1-20 Sanskrit counting
- Names of the asanas
- Selected yoga-sutras recitation
Hatha Yoga Asanas
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Astanga vinyasa flow - series 1 & 2
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations) - dynamic surya namaskar, surya namaskar with breathe awareness, surya namaskar with bija-mantra chanting
- Modifications of yoga asanas
- Types of yoga asanas - standing, sitting, backward bending, forward bending, spinal twisting, fire series, inversion, shavasana etc.
- Alignment and art of adjustment
- Preventing common injuries
- Counter pose
- Yoga asanas benefits
Pranayama (the science of breath)
- Introduction to science of breath
- Physiology of pranayama
- Postures for pranayama
- Establishment of diaphragmatic breathing
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Different practices of pranayama: nadi shodhana, ujjayee, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari, brahmari, and anuloma viloma, suryabhedi, and various types of kumbhaka pranayama and others
- Benefits or pranayama practices
- Guidelines for regular pranayama
- Jalandhara-bandha (chin lock)
- Uddiyana-bandha (abdominal lock)
- Moola-bandha (root lock)
- Maha-bandha (great lock)
Mudra Vijnana (Science of Graceful Gestures)
- Intro to mudras and their importance in yoga practices
- Mudra and its psychology
- The elements residing in the fingers and five mudras: akasha-mudra, jnana-mudra, agni-mudra, varuna-mudra, and prithvi-mudra
- Other important mudras: dhyan-mudra, prana-mudra, apana-mudra, linga-mudra, shunya-mudra, vishnu-mudra, bhairava-mudra, and hridaya-mudra
Satkarma or Cleansing Exercises
Practice Relaxation and Yoga Nidra
- Introduction to the concept and practices of relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life
- Sequence of relaxation
- Tension and relaxation exercises
- Systematic relaxation exercises
- 31 points relaxation exercise
- 61 points relaxation exercise
- Preparation for yoga-nidra
- 61 blue star relaxation
- What is meditation and what is not?
- Meditation in daily life
- Yoga asanas for meditation
- 2-5 minutes meditations
- Steps into basic meditation
- So-ham mediation
- Mantra and meditation
- Spinal breath
- Sushumna breath through chakras
What’s not Included
The Teacher training will be holding this unique training at Resort in Thailand. The mountain ranges of Chiangmai are part of the system of hills extending through Laos, Burma, and China. It is here that begins to rise the chain of the Himalayas and the place includes the highest peaks in the country, Doi Inthanon.
The fertile region of mountains, valleys and rivers, the North and its provinces are a paradise for nature lovers. Maewin Guesthouse is a peaceful and quiet country resort located in one of the most beautiful parts of our valley, Mae Wang. Offering you the most relaxed and tranquil stay possible is their primary target. Their rooms vary from a number of private bungalows with a terrace to a big Thai-Lanna style teak wood house.
Due to the convenient situation in the unspoiled Karen village Mae Sapok, they are able to provide you with numerous adventures. Beautiful waterfalls, the king's royal project, elephant sanctuaries, and Thailand's highest mountain are only a few of the places that can be easily visited from here. With a breathtaking landscape and nature, we also provide a number of trekking and hiking tours.
Furthermore, professional Thai massages can be arranged privately in the room. The Mae-Win valley offers the perfect mix of unspoiled natural beauty and insights into the charming culture and lifestyle of the local people. Maewin guesthouse awaits you to experience their unique hospitality and an unforgettable stay.
Mr. Hitesh is a new-generation yoga teacher with advanced knowledge in yoga. He is a certified yoga teacher with 500-hour YTTC as per Yoga Alliance as of November 2015. He is an expert in asana and adjustments of Hatha yoga and the Ashtanga primary series. Mr. Himanshu pays individualized attention which can take the students from a basic level to an advanced level in 4 weeks gently and safely. He will assist the students in their progression of yoga asana, breathing, meditation, and scheduling a yoga class. He is also an expert in Kriyas and Bandhas
- Temples and Thai ancient sites
- Old city excursion
- Thai fresh market
- Quality 500-hour teacher training course, internationally accredited by Yoga Alliance USA, and corresponding certificate
- Textbooks, printed study handouts, and 500-hour yoga teacher training manual
- Daily mantra recitation guided and karma yoga
- Sankhya and yoga philosophies
- Shat-kriya and daily guided breathing and pranayama practices
- Yoga anatomy and physiology workshops
- Daily relaxation and meditation practices
- Neti pot and sutra neti
- Free use of yoga tools during the course
- Traditional Northern Thai dinner with Thai cultural performance
- Excursion to nearby ancient Buddhist temples and sightseeing on Thailand’s highest mountain range
- Healthy vegetarian / vegan breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Homemade local herbal detox drinks
- Homemade herbal tea
- 50 nights' accommodation